Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Dark Days !


Here is a poem written by my mate Chris Carson.
Thanks for your help and chats this last few weeks mate.
This poem explains how Chris feels with his depression.
And I now understand everything he is going through.

THE DARK DAYS!

Who would have thought that a laugh with a friend,
Could result in depression, and a premature end.

Laughing and joking to me was a lie,
Because deep down inside I just wanted to cry.

Everyone saw me with a smile on my face,
Happiness however was far from the case.

They think that I’m happy; they think that I’m strong,
But why can’t they notice when something is wrong?

In my mirrored reflection I look such a sight,
With booze in my left hand,
And pills in my right.

My life is a mess, when I’ve so much to give.
I don’t want to die, I just want to live!

Misery is the life I lead; yet happiness is what I pretend,
But life is just a storyboard, with a start, a middle, and an end.

Copyright of Chris Carson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home