Sunday, July 08, 2007

Night On The Town

While Elaine has benn away Jochan and I have been out for a drink or 3 round some of the rock bars (cough) in Aberdeen.
First was The Tilted Wig it has the coolest Jukebox an online streaming one.
You can find almost any band on it as it trawls the web for music it is however a little expensive at 3 songs for £2 still we managed to put Magnum on so it's not all bad.
Next was the Moorings who had live music on.
Fists we saw and heard Flameboy and to be honest someone should have set him on fire as the sounds of his flesh sizzling and him screaming would have been better than his music, he was billed as one of the top local acts for Aberdeen and if thats anything to go by then there is no music scene in Aberdeen
We saw another band for about 2 songs but I can't remember their name however that's of no matter cause they were crap too.
Finally The Basement.
Well what can I say walked in the door to the sounds of Rage against the Machine and I'm thinking cool some decent music at last I see the "Rock DJ" (coughs) so I decide lets have a few tunes " have you any Dream theatre" No was the reply "ok any Deep Purple" again no was the reply but you might get that up in the club upstairs.
Ok so I sits meself down to think lewt get a little more modern then.
how about some Edguy or Dragonforce, nope nine inch nails nope
Hundred reasons, yeah we can do that. AHhhh me thinks we are in.
Then all the Dance shit starts OMG.
Jochan tells me they had a classic Rock night a few weeks back and he went up to request some classics like ufo and deep purple and the Dj said sorry he didnt have any of their stuff it was a classic rock night and then played Audioslave lol.
Hmmmm all in all though it was a good night not been out on the razz for ages so that was good and I'm sure next time I go out the tunes will be better even if we just sit in the tilted wig and fill the jukebox with tons of cash and decent tunes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too many so called rock DJs just don't have a clue about the meaning of Classic Rock. Thankfully Rock Radio FM are spot on and even have the legendary Tom Russell. listen in @ www.rockradiofm.co.uk
I bet the DJ had Rhinestone Cowboy though ;-P

11:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home