Friday, May 26, 2006

Insurance

Well folks I have been amazed today.
With Stewart's funeral it got me thinking I have not Insurance in place so if I die I have no cover.
No normally you would expect if you call an insurance broker you would expect him to push for a sale, I know being in sales I have been there especially when people are asking for it.
However the very nice Matt at Lifesearch.co.uk advised me not to get this kind of cover at this moment in time as I would not need it.
Having discussed the options with him he said he would send out the quotes but it would be better just to put away some cash in an Isa for that kind of thing.
This is the kind of customer service I like and now I can say I would recommend these people again and would use them in future if I need any future advice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cooldrums said...

So now I have applied for my ISA

2:00 pm  
Blogger Womble said...

Hmmm, I've had a life assurance policy since I was 18. It's actually a sort of endowment. If I die before it matures in 2014, my parents get £10k. If I don't die, I get £4,300 'with profits', which currently stand at about £9k, so it's a useful investment. I also have life cover that will pay off my mortgage if I snuff it.

8:02 am  
Blogger Cooldrums said...

Yeah I asked about an endowment and he told me an ISA would be a better option these days as its likely to be a higher rate of interest and If needed I could get my cash at any time. As for insurance I am covered at work for death in service and death at work and as I have no major current debts or a mortgage then insurance isnt worth having.

7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home