Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Northern Ireland Trip

Tuesday

A smooth early morning sail across the Irish sea thanks to P&O Ferries got some nice shots over the side of the boat of both scotland and Northern Ireland.
Once we landed we decided to take a trip along the Antrim coast line a little to see the sights.
Nice day for a drive a little damp and cooler than it has been.
Stopped in at a little parking spot and managed to get a nice few photos which include some weird looking insect thing and a man catching his first catch of the day (it being about 4 and him being there from about 7ish he said)
Then it was off to my aunt Jean's house for a lovely chinese mmmmm.
Later that night had a we went down to where we were staying at Fiona's house.
Sat up till after 2 chatting to Fiona was a great chat made a few things clearer in my mind.
Wednesday
After getting up about 11 ish realising that Fiona was working at 8 (oops) and had went to work late we decided to go to the Ulster Folk and Transport museum.
It's changed massively since i last went there but a most amazing place and surpirsed to see how cheap it was to get in £7 for an adult and that was for both the Transport and the Folk museum.
Although it's not long enough to spend just 1 day there to see it all properly, we missed about half of the folk museum and rushed the Transport museum.
Thursday
Wedding day.
All went well I was Kilted up many thanks to my uncle David Mcgregor who just so happens to have a kilt which it made to measure for me strange lol Even down to the same shoe size.
The day was great,food was great, drink was flowing, the company was excellent and the guitarist sucked lol.
Yes I played the song "stairway to heaven" badly I hasten to add.
I think the nerves got the better of me.
Having played this since I was 16 you would think I would know it without all the bum notes.
It sounded better as I rehersed it. I knew I should have dsone the Dolly Parton Country version lol.
Friday
Friday was hangover day.
Went to visit my Grandfather who is loooking extremely well for 89.
He will be 90 in December.
Even through all his ill's he still looks happy and whistles constantly and sings all the time.
He has now been confirmed as having Altzimers and also Prostate cancer.
Saturday
We went to the Giants Causeway on Saturday and then along to Carrick-a-rede rope bridge.
Passed a cavelcade of classic cars on the way to Portrush for the classic car rally there.
It was funny to hear my mum scream as she crossed the rope bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home