Friday, November 03, 2006

The Unholy Alliance

Went to see Slayer last night with Eddie my mate on " The Unholy Alliance" Tour Chapter II.
Unholy My ASS
It was as Unholy as the jeans I was wearing I'm affraid to say, the jeans having a large rip in the right knee and a holy in the left rear pocket.
What a poor night I have to say.
First the tickets said 7:30 doors open.
This however was not the case as we missed the first 2 bands (Thine Eyes Bleed and Children of Bodom) and we arrived at 7:15 grrrr.
Next was "Lamb of God" or should that be Lame Old Dog cause they were fucking awful.
"In Flames" were for me the highlight of the night.
I do like them and they put on a good show.
And so to the headliner " Slayer"
Now when I was just a lad about 17 or 18 this band were up and coming with classic Thrash albums like "Reign in Blood" and "South Of heaven"
I have to say though their next move should be Retire South of Devon
It's a poor show when the suppore has a better sound setup than the main band of the night.
The sound was terrible you couldn't hear the vocals at all not how I would have expect to see a long time Major Band.
Now logistics Glasgow SECC, shit venue expensive too.
Tickets cost face value £27.50 collected at the office on arrival.
Total cost £32.50 including booking fee and creditcard charge.
Is it free parking?
Is it Fuck !
£3.50 for parking
Beer 2 pints of shitty Carling black label poured from a can £5.50
Rip off that place I can tell you.
That and the cost of fuel to Glagow.
1 expensive shit night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home