Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Windows Vista

Well the biggest release of software this year Microsoft Vista was launched today.
For me I have to say very uninspiring.
We never sold a copy all day in our store maybe it will pick up tomorrow.
As for the software well I can't say I am that impressed.
Graphically there are a few differences mutli -coloured task bars and this new Aero way of flipping between screens, which does nothing for me.
Now the decision is weather to buy or not.
On the one hand it's not that impressive and although it looks like it runs quicker and more stable I want to see it work on a PC that has been used for a while.
On the other hand support for XP is likely only gonna be for a year or so now that vista is here so why not do it now.
I guess I will have to see what staff offers come up at work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Womble said...

Ah yes, Vista and it's inbuilt spyware (sorry, Digital Rights Management). XP is bad enough. Nice front end, too much nagware. I want to be in control of my computer, not Micro$oft

8:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home