Saturday, June 02, 2007

Excitement

Well did my good turn for the day month and year today.
We were on our way home from having tea at Elaine's sisters house when just by the flat we drove past a guy lying on the pavement with his head split open.
I jumped out of the car phone in hand dialing 999.
Although he was 3 sheets to the wind it wouldnt be right to leave anyone in that state ( although I believe later some passers by were laughing at this guy as he bled on the street corner )
Thing is I though the worst as he got up and stagered out onto the road and clattered off a passing bus (ouch ) and crunched to the ground.
Wound to on the back of his head worse than the affore mentioned front wound.
I dragged him to the side of the road and he lost conciousness for a second and I almost panicked as he seemed to stop breathing for that small instant, My heart by this point was racing.
Thankfiully a girl who was training to be a nurse and her mother stopped to assist too until the paramedic arrived on the scene.
Covered in blood and a little shakey I was only to willing at that point to hand over to him ty very much lol.
Now thing is I no longer have a first aid cert, for the first time in about 15 years.
Must get mine renewed.
It also made me wonder as I have in the past.....
Why don't you get first aid taught at school shouldnt it be compulsery to get at least a basic level at school, you never know when you may need to use it.
Ok you government folk out there lets see it happen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Stewart both - we heard the clatter from the car park and it sounded BAD. Well done you though x

1:51 pm  
Blogger Cooldrums said...

Not sure I actually heard the clatter I was telling the woman on 999 that he had just staggered out into the middle of the road.Then quote "and now he's been hit by a bus" as he dropped like a brick.
Funny as I ran across the road to see if he was ok and he said looking up " that's me fucked" then went unconcious.
Still we saw him jesterday so he was out of hospital and his heed was a bit of a mess.

8:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home