Thursday, October 12, 2006

Gigs

Well last weekend Ian Williams and I went to see Y&T at the Cathouse in Glasgow Support from GPS and then on to another gig after to see Forgotten Sons.
GPS made up of 4 members of Asia who are also on tour just now (wierd) with the 4 original members.
Have to say they were good need to get the album.
If you like prog rock I guess you will love this band too.
The keyboard player was wild and very talented.
The sound for them was good although the vocals didnt come out very clear could have gone up a notch.
Y&T what can I say a band from my youth I have all their albums pre splitup but no new stuff not that it mattered cause it was a classic night with all the old favourites like barroom boogie, forever, summertime girls, open fire and loads more only a shame it had to end early god I hate the Glasgow Curfew.
The sound for Y&T I do have to say sucked and something was out most of the gig a good few missed beats by the drummer however all in all a great gig just cause I love em and it was great to hear the classics again although there was a few missing from the set.
Forgotten Sons ( Marillion Tribute band) wow gotta say these guys were good and loud.
If your a fan of early Marillion with Fish then these guys are your cup of tea.
Probably the best Marillion tribute band around the even do 1 or 2 newer tunes featuring Steve Hogarths vocals have to say the singer suits his vocal style more.
I left this gig with my ears buzzing which was not the case from the Y&T gig so I can always tell a good band when I cant hear right for a few days after.
If you get a chance go see these guys Brilliant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home