Monday, November 27, 2006

Saturday Gig

Went to see Tool on Saturday night much to Elaine's disappointment (sorry Dear).
I have to say mixed feelings about this one.
The show it's self was great, sound was fantastic (considering it was the S.e.c.c.).
Stage show was fantastic (cool visuals and light show).
The Support band Mastodon were OK.
The disappointment was Tool themselves.
Kyle and I discussed it after the gig and decided that they were playing for themselves rather than for the crowd which kind of killed their presence onstage.
They could have put a mix CD on of Tool and played it with the stage show and no one would have noticed I think.
Biggest upset of the night was the fact that the singer does not allow pictures to be taken at any of the gigs. Not even and official photographer there.
So about a minute into the first song Kyle is taken out by a bouncer another hall to have his camera removed.
I have to say that even though it was a good show this kind of spoiled it for me and every one else.
I have to say that if I had been given prior warning on the ticket I would not have taken the camera with me even.
But it shows just how arrogant some rock stars can be.
If you are in the public eye as these guys are then you have to be expected to be photographed.
Fans want to take pictures of their fave bands and so them to their mates.
Having a search light shone in your face while you watch the gig isn't going to leave a good impression.
It almost felt like standing by the fence at a concentration camp.
Sorry to say it Tool but I doubt I will ever go to see your shows again or for that matter buy any more cds.
I did the same to Green Day cause they wouldnt let Stv show any of the T-in the park footage of them. Some bands just think they are better than everyone else and that makes me a very unhappy Dave.
While at the Bob gigs a few weeks ago I asked Bob and Annie if I could use my slr at the gig to take shots and Bob said he didn't care the more the merrier as far as he was concerned.
Oh that reminds me I have a picture from Annie I must post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home