Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm In Ranting Mood Sorry!

Ok so I read about how it is illegal to download music from the internet and how the music business looses money by people not buying cds or paying for downloads etc.I have been reading http://www.bpi.co.uk/piracy/content_file_310.shtml
So I have been reading a while so a few questions need to be posed.
1/ I can presume that if no-one downloaded or bought cds who uses filesharing stopped buying any music for say, a month, how much would the industry loose in that month?
2/It's now mid feb and I have bought 5 albums this year so far not to mention buying second had tapes and records and converting them myself to mp3 and cd backup and also improving the quality by removing clicks pops and hiss ( approx 20 tapes and about 4 albums).How many people have bought that amount of 1s so far this year that don't download?
3/ As Sony are one of the big names in the music industry and also invent/develop and mass produce equipment and software to record copies of thier own licenced music can I sue them for providing me with the equipment to record or any other manufacturer including Microsoft, Phillips, panasonic, jvc, apple etc? Why put it out there now you know people will use it against you?after all they have done since you have been able to record onto tape since the 70's. Sony want their cake and eat it I think.
4/ How many bands do you know? Can you personally afford to buy every album that is released? Doubt it! Even buying at second hand shops and charity shops for 50 pence each I need to restrict my purchases.
5/ What if we only went to Live music shows so only the artists get the money for playing their music? Ok that brings another problem with most venues charging a rip off booking fee and credit card charges.
6/ Would you buy any music from a company who sues its own customers? That good customer service.
7/ Am I ranting too much
Tell me what you think maybe we can start by having a no buy no download day/week month whatever we can publicise it spread the word throught the power of blogs and websites tv and radio if you think it would work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Womble said...

I've only ever used downloads as a 'try before you buy' type thing. If I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't like it, I'll delete it and stop it wasting space on my hard drive.

The music industry is a rip-off. If they charged a fair price for the CDs, most people wouldn't bother downloading.

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home